Postgraduate and Professional
Courses at postgraduate and professional level include the following.
BPS conversion course
- MSc Applied Child Psychology
- MRes/MSc Psychological Research Methods
- MSc Forensic Mental health
- MSc Forensic Psychology (BPS accredited)
- MSc Psychological Well-Being and Mental health
Criminology and Sociology
Politics and International Relations
Social Work and Professional Practice
- BA (Hons) / Postgraduate Diploma in Childcare Practice
- MA Professional Practice in Childcare
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Professional Practice
- MA Professional Practice (with pathways in Leading and Managing Integrated Services; Youth Justice; Career Education; Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- MA Professional Practice in Career Guidance
- Postgraduate Diploma in Career Guidance (PG Dip CG) / Qualification in Careers Guidance (QCG)
Please refer to our research page for more information about our research degrees.
Why study with us?
Find out more about studying at the School of Social Sciences on our Why study with us? page.
Your professional qualification
For professional courses we provide a range of awards at different academic levels. Whether the award is called a certificate or diploma depends upon the academic level of the course. Most certificates and diplomas offered within this school are for continuing professional development (CPD). They are part-time courses usually undertaken by staff in employment and sponsored by their employer. However, it is often not a requirement that students on these courses are in employment.
If you would like to speak to a course leader about your professional career development or if you have any questions contact us on +44 (0)115 848 4460 or email us.