At the School of Arts and Humanities we have gained a worldwide reputation for the quality of our research output, particularly in the highly rated Research Assessment Exercise units of English, Media and Cultural Studies, French and History.
The School also houses the Centre for Broadcasting and Journalism, a hub for the University's undergraduate and postgraduate journalism courses.
We are home to a number of internationally recognised specialist centres including:
- ICAn: Institute for Cultural Analysis, Nottingham
- the Nottingham Institute for English Research
- the Raymond Williams Centre for Recovery Research
- the Centre for Colonial and Postcolonial Studies
- the Centre for Travel Writing Studies
- SOLON: Society, Order, Law, Offences, Notoriety
- FORWARD: Family, Order, Reform, Women, Anarchy, Rebellion, Dissent
- THEM: The history of the East Midlands project
- the Centre for Museum and Heritage Management
- ReFrance: Contemporary French Studies
- Research in Energy and Environment Security
- the Centre for Teaching and Learning Languages.