Centre for Travel Writing Studies
The Centre for Travel Writing Studies (CTWS) exists to facilitate, promote and disseminate scholarly research on travel writing and its contexts, without restriction of period, locus, or type of travel writing. We define travel writing broadly and encourage multi and cross-disciplinary approaches. The Centre, which has strong international links, arranges talks and readings by visiting speakers, and organises seminars and conferences. The Centre welcomes applications from students wishing to work on travel at Master's or doctoral level.
Members of the Centre include:
- Director, Professor Tim Youngs (nineteeth and twentieth-century British and US travel writing)
- Professor Tim Fulford (travel and Romanticism)
- Professor Claire Jowitt (renaissance travel writing)
- Dr Sharon Ouditt (British travellers to Italy)
- Professor Stan Smith (travel and modernism)
- Dr Carl Thompson (travel and Romanticism, twentieth-century British travel writing).
Director: Professor Tim Youngs
School of Arts and Humanities
Nottingham Trent University
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 3276