NTU School or course
School of Art & Design
School of Art & Design
Advanced entry (entry to Year 2 or Year 3) to all UG courses in the School of Art & Design
School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
School of Arts and Humanities
School of Education
School of Science and Technology
Nottingham Business School
Nottingham Law School
School of Social Sciences
Centre for Broadcasting and Journalism
BA (Hons) Social Work
* Qualifications must have been awarded within two years of the start date of the course.
Alternative English language tests
The following English language qualifications are also accepted:
- Cambridge CAE [B]
- Cambridge CPE [C]
- GCSE English [C]
- IGCSE English (as a first or second language) [C]
- International Baccalaureate English A1 Syllabus [Standard level Grade 5 or Higher level Grade 4]
- International Baccalaureate English A2 Syllabus[Standard or Higher level Grade 5]
- International Baccalaureate English B Syllabus [Higher level Grade 5]
- O-level English [C]
- International Foundation Programmes studied in the UK. We can sometimes accept a certain grade in the English component of the course, usually around 65%. Please contact us to find out if your qualification is acceptable.
- Pearsons Test of English (Academic) 62 with minimum 51 in each skill, and 54 with minimum 51 in each skill for Art and Design practice-based courses.
- University of Reading (TEEP)
- Hong Kong: AS Level [HKEAA] Use of English [E] or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) Grade C or level 4
- India: Standard XII [70/100 (70%) or 170/200 (85%)]. Students with a degree from the following universities are exempt: The University of Mumbai, The University of Delhi, The University of Calcutta, The University of Bangalore, The University of Pune, The University of Chennai (Madras)*, Anna University, Osmania University and The University of Goa.
- Malaysia : UCLES English 1119 Syllabus [C]
- West Africa (including Nigeria and Ghana): West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate: [6/C]
- Iceland: Studentsprof (matriculation examination) (8, when taken as a compulsory modern language)
- Norway: Vitnemal (5)
- Switzerland: Maturitatzeugnis/Certificat de Maturite/Attestato de Maturita (5)
- A recognised degree and/or an English qualification equivalent to high school year 12 from one of the following countries:
|Countries A-L||Countries M-Z|
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Kitts and Nevis
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
US Virgin Islands
* If education has been through the medium of English.
English language requirements for Pre-sessional English (PEAP) courses
There are specific English language requirements for entry on to our PEAP courses to comply with Tier 4 student visa regulations.