Student Financial Support Service
If you run into difficulties with money during your time at university, advice is available from the Student Financial Support Service. Our team includes funding and money advisers and administrators who will assess your eligibility for grants and bursaries, including the Access to Learning Fund.
The service offers:
- advice on students' entitlement to student loans and tuition fees support
- advice on negotiating with your bank or other creditors
- money Management and Budgeting Advice
- social security benefit checks
- Access to Learning Fund advice and information
- financial support for eligible students within targeted groups
- advice on eligibility for financial assistance
- provisional assessments for prospective students with dependants
- advice on application procedure and completion of forms for various funds
- referrals to other services.
You do not have to be experiencing financial difficulties to use this service. Advisers can work with you to maximise your income and plan a realistic budget to prevent problems from arising. The Student Financial Support Service is located in the Student Services Centre (Newton / Arkwright Link) on the City site. Application forms and appointments for financial advice are also available in the Student Centre on the Clifton campus and at Brackenhurst.
To book an appointment, call +44 (0)115 848 2494 or email the Student Financial Support Service.