We welcome people from a wide range of backgrounds, including a significant number of mature students (traditionally defined as undergraduates over 21). Your background, whether it is in full-time education, working, family life or travel, will help to enrich the student experience here.
We appreciate that you may have concerns about:
- fitting in with younger students
- academic study after a break from education
- the impact your University life may have on your family, relationships, friendships, work or childcare.
That's why we have a Mature Student Support Officer on-hand who can provide advice, information and support to all mature students who are:
- applying for a course at NTU
- in their first year of study here.
Our Welcome Week activities will also help you to settle in and make new friends. But don't just take our word for it. See the video below of a mature student talking about life and study here.
This page requires Adobe Flash player version 9 or above. Get latest version of Flash here.