Creative short courses
Whether you are a beginner or a professional, on one of our short courses you'll find yourself learning in an enjoyable, engaging and professional environment. Classes take place during the evenings and Saturdays as well as daytime courses during the summer holidays. They range from ten-week evening classes to one-week intensive courses, and class sizes are limited so an early booking is advised. Led by expert tutors, our courses are aimed at adult learners and are ideal if you are:
- exploring your creative skills in a favourite discipline
- reviewing your career
- building a portfolio for college or work
- working in industry and in need of a refresher
- training others and looking for new approaches to content and delivery
- searching for expertise to help develop your business.
- Decorative Arts
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
- Interiors and Architecture
- Performance and Design
- Photography and the Moving Image
- Product and 3D Design
For students aged under 18 we also host a range of courses every August. See our courses for 14 to 17-year-olds.
Book four places on any course and only pay for three. Contact us for further details.
Find out more
You can download additional information here:
- Short courses brochure
- Summer school 2013 schedule at a glance
- Frequently asked questions
- Booking form (if you prefer to pay with a cheque by post)
- Booking terms and conditions (the small print)
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 2813
Bespoke short courses for business and groups
Our short course programme can apply to groups as well as individuals. If you are interested in building team spirit through an exciting photography workshop, looking to improve presentation skills using our performance tutors, or training your staff in software skills, then NTU is the place to come. We can arrange one-day workshops, regular evening courses or events at your own venue - all tailored to your needs. Contact us for further details.
Interested in furthering your studies?
Open days are an ideal opportunity for you to find out how undergraduate and postgraduate courses can help you enhance your creative skills and improve your career prospects. Come along and meet current students or join us on a guided tour of our facilities. Read more on our open days page.